PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair and Age (2012)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2012, 14:05
plikee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone posted in these forums a link from a vacancy notice from TAP for pilots. I don't know Portuguese but it seemed to me that they clearly stated that the candidates should have 1000 hrs and not be older than 35 (or something like that someone else could clarify this).
TAP is recruiting yes, minimum 1000 TT. About the Portuguese, you have to write and talk fluently but you do not need to have any language proficiency in your licence.

Your qualifications are based in points, eg; if you are 21 years old, you get 8 points and for each year you have you lose 0,5 points until the 35, which you get 0 points if you have that age.

Then, you get points from your flight experience, if you are rated in airbus and have more than 500 in A31X/A32X series or in multi-pilot, etc. You also get points from your educational background and your LPE (level 4 gives you 0 points!)

All this is then factorized - eg, your flight experience counts 40% for your final score, your age 10%, etc.

Your final score will say in what position you are called for the interview - If you are in the top of the list, you are one of the best candidates to fill that vacancy.

Final note: TAP is one of the few airlines that pays your TR. Candidates don't have to pay any cent and, some years ago, you also got paid while you were doing your training (not sure if that still stands). I think that age limit is understandable

(sorry about off topic but was just to clarify as Tacitus said)

Last edited by plikee; 10th Jul 2012 at 14:06.