PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 13 Hours Transit At LAX!! Please Help!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2012, 14:03
TheNakedTrader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
13 Hours Transit At LAX!! Please Help!

Dear all,

I'm scheduled to come in to the States to do my FAA PPL training in September this year. Air tickets are booked with Delta Air.

I will arrive at LAX at 9.40AM on the 2nd of September 2012 and will depart LAX at 11.20PM on the same day, for Orlando, MCO.

Given that I am a foreigner, I understand that I need to get fingerprinted by the TSA/AFSP before any flight training can commence.

Originally, I was of the intention, to visit a fingerprinting facility near LAX to get fingerprinted even before I reach Orlando. That way, I can shave a day off the waiting time for TSA to give me the final approval.

However, now, I'm told by my wife that while in transit, passengers are not allowed to leave the airport terminal complex. I'm not sure if this is true but I certainly hope not. I intend to get fingerprinted as well as check in to the nearest Super 8 motel to have a good shower and nap before my next flight to MCO.

Please let me know, if anyone of you are familiar with, the transit regulations in LAX.