PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2012, 12:12
La Amistad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently the contract is up for renewal very soon. I doubt that EZY would not renew it....not sure what the terms might be though!!

Historically the vast majority of cadets have gone to EZY. With no growth over the next two years and a very small amount of people leaving then I do see this as a threat to CTC. I assume CTC see it as a threat also which is why they sold the business to the private equity firm to allow CTC to push into new markets!

I don't know the numbers but it’s not many placed this year with the other airlines. It’s a handful to each. Nothing like the volume EZY would always take. I would have thought that it was higher than 30% going to EZY. To be honest from what I hear I would have thought it was more like 30% going elsewhere than EZY???

CTC won't be able to place anywhere near as many to EZY over the next couple of years. No growth. Few command upgrades. Very few leaving. Few retiring. Beyond that who knows. But I see things slowing down markedly for CTC unless a new "customer" starts to take the same volumes in the desert or Asia.

There is an oversupply in the market. Definitely. At EZY flexi crew are flying less this summer than they did before. Still flying a reasonable amount but the flexi crew I fly with are definitely doing less than before.

Not many are returned to the hold pool. It has happened before and will happen after this summer when one course will go back to CTC. The better ones will be asked to return the following year apparently.

Add in that PARC seem to be supplying more and more to EZY also. In summary I think things are slowing down for CTC but they appear to know it and be trying to find alternative places for cadets. I would be cautious if starting now though. Not that anyone will listen mind.

Last edited by La Amistad; 10th Jul 2012 at 12:13.