PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police involvement in RAF Air Accidents
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2012, 11:35
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Keithl,
Are we in violent agreement here as to me I

Originally Posted by Keithl
glojo, I must respond to your "nothing has changed". The JP crash I referred to was not fatal, perhaps I should have made that clear. Your list of offences it was mandatory for the Civil Authorities to investigate was true in my time, also. That is why I chose my hypothetical crimes as I did. Sabotage is not on your list, murder is.
Sabotage can be dealt with by the military.. Sabotage in the UK which results in a suspicious death cannot, UNTIL the cause of death is established.

Originally Posted by Keithl
Your 3rd para "not going to speculate on why the civ police were "called in" is missing the point. They weren't "called in" they were acting in accordance with "police primacy", which is what this discussion is about.
Whether they were acting in accordance with "police primacy" might be splitting hairs?? How did the Police find out about any incident? The instant they are informed, the chances are they will be committed to investigate? The only people aware of the incident are the military, they then are the informing authority.

Clearly when we hear about a Board of Investigation being held in the UK without Police involvement, then a decision has been made that no criminal act was involved.. I am certainly NOT suggesting no criminal act was committed but I am suggesting the decision was probably made at 'Flag' level that no criminal act was responsible for the death.

I am in the same room as Chugalug regarding this issue.