PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police involvement in RAF Air Accidents
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2012, 09:43
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing has changed and your imagination is being very blinkered regarding any unexplained death.

I can assure you that the RAFP in the UK have NEVER been authorised to investigate fully the above offences. Not in your time nor at any time of the RAF in the UK.....

I am NOT repeat NOT.... going to speculate why the civil police may have been called in for that last example you cited and hopefully nor will anyone else.

At this moment in time I believe a Royal Navy Petty officer is appearing in a British Civil Court charged with offences against the Official Secrets Act. The secrets were no doubt obtained on UK military property but no way will they be dealt with by the military and the same applies for any soldier of RAF personnel... It would have been the same if it had been a suspicious death... Note the word suspicious.. these things have to be investigated.

Going off on a tangent do the RAF have the forensic capability to comply with all the very latest collection and preservation of evidence? I would be VERY surprised if they have but that is me going off on my tangent.