PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 10th Jul 2012, 06:50
In_Transit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brit12, honestly there isn't anything in particular that could train you for the application process, just make sure you're good with your math. I didn't even know that en-route controllers EXISTED when I went for my interview, and now I'm almost at the end of the training. I'd suggest don't go overboard in your preparation. Airservices will teach you everything you want to know, and training a blank canvas is a lot easier than fixing deep-set problems. The training can take place at either Melbourne or Brisbane, they'll give you a choice. The training centre at Melbourne is just a lot bigger and more courses go through. And like it was mentioned, it's not the top 1% of applicants, they'll hire whoever they think has the ability to make it as an ATC. If you pass you pass, you're not competing against anyone else. Code89, at the academy there's 3 different levels of review. You're monitored by an instructor in your daily sim runs, then spaced out in each module you have Personal Evaluations, where you get a more in-depth mark of where you are and what you need to work on, then at the end of each module is the practical exam that you have to pass. There's 4 main modules, DTI (traffic), non-radar, radar & combined ops.