PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - part 66 a licence? is there any point in me getting one?
Old 10th Jul 2012, 01:39
cbox chip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad I saw this thread, I just posted in the rotorheads section asking for info about the Part-66 license.

I am a Canadian M2 AME with twin-turbine helicopter experience (EASA B1.3 equivalent) looking to get an EASA license, there is a part 145(or is it 147?) approved training facility semi near me: the British Columbia Institute of Technology or BCIT for short where I can write my exams, 13 of them if I understand correctly.

Right now I am waiting to hear back from both BCIT and EASA with answers to my questions but I figured why not ask the internet?

I have found several sites online offering training material for a fee, this one in particular seems interesting: EASA Part 66 CAT-A, B1, B2, B3 licence - What you always wanted to know about the EASA part 66 / JAR-66 licence and FAA A&P license!
but it sure isn't free and I am not about to drop money on study material of questionable quality.

Does anyone on here know where I can get my hands on a decent study guide and where to find a list of textbooks I should purchase?

Practice exam questions are always handy too...