PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The more I think about this, the scarier it becomes.
Old 10th Jul 2012, 00:28
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
The more I think about this, the scarier it becomes.

What's that thing called where you become conscious from sleeping, but can't move? Had it all my life - couple of times, then a few years, then have it a cluster of five times or so.

Don't like it, but it's just what is. Even briefed the missus on looking for eye movement if she hears troubled noises, then trying to wake me. Never caught me in the act.

It's a good job we have this state. One bloke during the war had problems with this circuit that stills our bodies. His room mate would hear crashing, and in the morning there were holes punched in the billet walls and ceiling! Subject knew nothing about it.

Anyway, this morning, I was lying on my back and became conscious. Couldn't move, but then realized the back of my throat was flopped closed. For what seemed like a minute or so, I couldn't breath. I thought this is bloody silly, not only am I going to join the statistics of those that die of sleep apnea, I'm going to witness the whole procedure.

Am I alone in this combination of nasties?