PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to start recruiting
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2012, 22:06
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Well apart from the fact that I've never called another Qantas pilot 'Sir', perhaps you make a good point AnQrKa. Perhaps there is a slight difference in what QF are looking for and the ability to be a S/O for a while does take a slightly different mind set. I wonder what that is that makes a person who is going to be a good S/O also a good Captain? More effective followership skills perhaps? I wonder what those skills entail?

As to the 'grading' of psych skills, do you dispute that Qantas and J* use a particular benchmark from which they draw a pool of people they will interview? I can assure you that Qantas won't look at applicants if they fall below that benchmark on the psych. Do you dispute that J* modified that benchmark a few years back due to lack of people making the grade?

Normasars, I never said QF drivers were 'smarter and better' so you can take that straw man and burn it to your heart's content. My point (and I'll make it again) is that there is an inconsistency between what J* state they do and their actions.