PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let’s Get Physical
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2003, 09:16
cabinboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smile,

Some "lighthearted" cabinboy tips for keeping fit on the aircraft !

1. Always be the first to answer the pax f/a call button, another trip up and down the aisle makes you walk further ! Think about how many times you would do this in a days work and it would be equal to a 1km jog !

2. Take your own snacks to work - i.e rice crackers and popcorn, these little babies are somewhat fat free and are good for when you are peckish rather than pigging out on those virgin muffins !

3. On my aircraft I like to play cricket ! I use the " BEV BATS " ( QF Coffee and Tea Serving paddle ) to play cricket with these paddles, you'd be amazed at how far I can knock a pack of peanuts for six ! Great exercise and useful for knocking pax in the back of the head with peanuts to keep them alert.

4. Walking to and from carpark I do a fast paced walk to get the hearbeat up, as we all know at BNE it's quite a walk from the QF/DJ carparks to the terminal.

5. Don't gossip in the galley, use spare galley time to get on the floor and do 100 sit up's - get those ab's working baby !

Smile, since started flying I have suffered badly with ill health too, always feeling tired and constantly getting URTI. I'm told that this will pass, but it takes a while and just like you I'm a virgin to the air so hang in there !

CB

Last edited by cabinboy; 1st Jan 2003 at 22:07.