PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MMMmmmiles Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2003, 08:06
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MMMmmmiles

A Happy New Year to you and all!

Bus429 - If only we were talking about somebody who had restored a Miles Aircraft and merely painted it a funny colour....

We are talking about deterioration here. Maybe the Brighton Pier movement will finally get the dosh they need when it has all been washed ashore and been burnt as firewood.

We will then, at best, only see a replica of the original because the unique original has gone.

What I am saddened by is something quite different. The money, the will and the expertise is there now to save these machines from an uncertain future - the future for Brighton Pier was uncertain until it collapsed through neglect.

I would dance a cartwheel if a formation comprising these machines flew over and they were all painted pink.

The owners can certainly do what they want with them. I agree with you 100% on that. They can burn them if they want. However, their neglect of our aviation heritage, which they have been fortunate enough to acquire and maybe had the best of intentions at that time, is lamentable when a certain flying future /public display is an option.

I think you misunderstood my original post and invite you to read it again.

Meanwhile, if any of you are interested in Miles Aircraft, please visit www.miles-aircraft.com

For the princely sum of £17.50 p.a. you can join The Miles Aircraft Collection, will receive an excellent quarterly(ish!) Journal and learn more about this excellent British company who made so many fine aircraft.

The last aircraft built by Miles? A Bristol Boxkite!

They built the Mag Men machine which now resides at Shuttleworth and thus marked the end of chapter of our aviation history.

Lets hope that our future generations can see as many flying examples of Miles Aircraft as possible.

HP