PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLM has lost the plot
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2012, 14:15
Victor Inox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KLM has lost the plot

I flew KLM for the first time in 25 years again last weekend. I paid some £500 more for the ticket than if I had flown EK or EY on the same route (MAN-CGK-vv.), but Mrs VI keeps reminding me how we should support European businesses.

Following an on-time departure from MAN and a punctual arrival at AMS, our onward flight was delayed about one hour due to a technical problem (intercom between flight deck and cabin). We finally arrived at CGK (with the scheduled stop at KUL) some 45 minutes late.

When the "last bag" sign appeared on the baggage carousel, I began to realize that my money had been poorly spent on the KLM ticket. Things got worse at the baggage service counter, where I was cheerfully informed that my suitcase was still in AMS (not transferred during a 2-hour transit?).

Wouldn't it have been nice to have KL ground staff at CGK informing me that I need not stand at the baggage carousel like an idiot for over an hour and hope to see my suitcase appear?

When I asked for an overnight kit, I was (equally cheerfully) informed that authorization had to be obtained from KL for such an issue, and that I would be informed of whether such authorization had been forthcoming when I check in for my return flight on Friday, 13th July.

Is the KLM management based at some mental asylum somewhere?

I shall gladly fly EK, EY or QR again

Last edited by Victor Inox; 9th Jul 2012 at 14:16.