PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2012, 12:21
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've already moved my Diamond miles over to Avios, but is there any point keeping the Diamond Club card or account now? I tried contacting BMI and BA about this, but got nowhere.
FlyingOfficerKite; Like you I've have moved my avios over to BA so there is no need whatsoever to keep your diamond club card, doesnt serve any purpose. In addition, if you log into flybmi.com you will see balance is now zero.

However, if you have a bmi american express card like me, you will continue to accrue diamond club miles on spend on the card, and at the end of the month (or whenever your statement is run and diamond club points awarded) you will have to go into BA.com and use the tool to bring those points over.

There is still absolutely nothing arranged for the bmi credit card, as it is american express (now with a supplementary Visa card on the same account), I figure this is at odds with BA's own Amex card, which is direct from AMEX rather than MBNA with bmi.

I dont know what will happen, but I am guessing that the mbna amex will disappear and BA do a deal with MBNA for a Visa card. That wont be at odds with AMEX arrangement, and allows BA to have new income stream and MBNA to hold onto a bunch of customers. THis is just my speculation, though I am not sure how many on here hold such a card as I had no responses to a post on the same topic.

EI-BUD