PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resume Gripes.
Thread: Resume Gripes.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2012, 11:14
seneca208

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I do understand CP's are busy, but out of professional courtesy, please send an email back stating whether you have progressed to the next stage or have been unsuccessful in this instance.
The last couple of positions I have applied for, both advertised and unadvertised, I was unfortunately unsuccessful but received a return email from the Chief Pilot. The unsuccessful positions were basically stating they had a number of more competitive applications than myself (better qualified?) which is 100 times better than no reply at all. For unadvertised positions, the CP has replied stating company requirements, the best time for me to pop in and see him when I am in Darwin/Katherine/Alice and that he hopes to see me soon in the near future.

I suggest if you aren't getting any replies, make a phone call or send another email through. Let them know its been a fortnight or so, you understand they are busy, but you'd really appreciate hearing about the best way to gain employment at XXX. It's worked for me every time so far, and it's made job hunting just that little bit more pleasant.