PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resume Gripes.
Thread: Resume Gripes.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2012, 10:00
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting perspective in your 9th Jul 2012 01:27 post, Trojan. From my perspective the content of your post is entirely consistent with what I was trying (perhaps unsuccessfully) to say.

100s of unsolicited résumés for non-existent vacancies, or even 100s of applications for a single vacancy? I’d call that a market that’s very competitive for those wanting a job as a pilot.

Compare, for example, what happens if a tradie puts his or her hand up to work in the mines. The mining companies will compete to win over the tradie. (That won’t last, but it’s the reality for the time being.)

Bad people getting good jobs and progressing? That’s what I said – cruel world and all that.
[A]n industry whose culture seems to run counter to the rest of the business world.
That’s why the industry, collectively, bleeds billions, annually. In effect, lots of people are spending more money than they make, in order to live a dream … for a while.

The unique ‘culture’ arises from the fact that the participants earnestly and uniquely believe that humans will, eventually, cease behaving like humans.

PS: I was genuinely sad when the 'Trojan' call sign was passed from C-130 to C-17. I suppose we're all getting older...