PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to start recruiting
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2012, 09:01
Gear in transit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
which is pretty much an insult to most Qantas mainline pilots
Faaaaark give me a break! The insults and criticism I and many of my colleagues have copped particularly on this forum makes that statement laughable.

They are going there because their career in mainline is going down the sh1tter. They have NO choice!
DING DING! We have a winner!

VERY INTERESTING....... Now when I joined JQ I had 2 applications in the system, QF and JQ.
QF said DCM, DJ weren't hiring and JQ were. So I took a job at JQ because if I wanted any career progression...... I had NO choice! Funny that..... Many of my colleagues (Not all) had waited in line for a gig at QF or DJ and the opportunity never came up. And when nothing else came up, what were we meant to do? Never apply to a QF subsidiary whilst the guys on great conditions sit back relax and just pick sh!t on all of us whilst doing little about it themselves? C'mon and get real!
If I could have joined the que at qf I, like many others would have, but it wasn't to be, so I (again, like many) picked up the pieces and moved on. To have a impass grudge because I took a job which has somehow years later indirectly affected you, shows just how bad the lack of solidarity really is.

The flexiline deal is actually quite good in my opinion, you need to have a read of it. Ask the line guys after you've read it, don't speculate.
Funnily enough most of the positions are filled for guys already within the company anyway. So that tells you how sh!t it ISN'T.
I think every pilot involved agreed it was unreasonable to force this on new recruits. I STRONGLY lobbied the JPC to undo this and several of the guys told me it was one of the only things the company refused to budge on. They agreed it was not desirable but there hands were tied on this 1 point. Considering what the initial flexiline 'deal' the company was offering, the final document is very good and I take my hat off the the JPC guys whom negotiated what we ended up with.

Have a beer for me bloke, there's too much energy being wasted on the small stuff.....

GIT out.

Last edited by Gear in transit; 9th Jul 2012 at 09:05.