PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Anyone?
Thread: Monarch Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2012, 21:18
spottyemm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This whole thread is getting tedious! If you want to discuss the merits of CTC and Flexicrew then surely a Monarch recruiting thread is not the place to do it.

For info I understand that places to non type rated pilots including some ex military have been offered on a course starting in October. Another rumour doing the rounds internally is that we will not be reopening the recruitment portal soon as we have over 1000 suitable applicants already. That said it may well be that more recruitment will be needed next year. A MAJOR plus in getting an interview is a recommendation from someone in the company.

The interviews are still very old school and consist of a 'chat' with a couple of management pilots.

As has been said above as of this November there will not a single FO at Monarch on a part time contract who has not volunteered to do so.

There is still no announcement about the future of the A330 fleet but this must be imminent, the possibility of requiring a 2 year amortisation period following A330 conversion has been mooted and is causing some consternation among senior FOs.

As for the Easy vs Monarch debate it's horses for courses. Some years ago we lost guys to Easy as they were looking for regional uk/European bases and a fixed roster. Now guys are coming to us as we have permanent contracts, some long haul etc.

I have no experience of Easy and unlike B&B will not demean myself by slagging other people off. What I can say is that on the whole Monarch is a friendly, inclusive place to work. Crewing, despite being under great pressure recently, remain friendly and accommodating wherever possible. A hard wotking BALPA Cc supported by very high membership levels have secured us T&Cs that are amongst the best in the country Pilot management are approachable and most importantly I enjoy going to work with a great bunch of lads and lasses.

It's not always a bed of roses but I'm certainly happy where I am.

Congrats to all those who have been offered a course date and good luck to those being interviewed, I look forward to sharing a beer with you some time. To those who have not been offered an interview, if you know someone in the company who may be willing to give you a reference then I would suggest giving them a bell and offering to buy them a drink or two.

Last edited by spottyemm; 8th Jul 2012 at 21:31.