PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Val d'Anniviers Airplane Crash
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2012, 21:16
maxred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like everyone, when the images and circumstances of this accident were first noted on this forum, I was pretty shocked, and also was very interested to see the report, and what could have caused this accident. My French is not great, and thanks for the translations of the ' overview' , however, like Peter, I am not wholly convinced regarding the supposed cause. We must respect the investigators, however, the photograph on page 15, coupled with the web cam view, looks like he transited at a fairly constant level, it would seem that he was VFR whilst doing it, take the point about cloud obscuring the peak on the left, but why would, as alludes, go into cloud? There would be no need. Secondly, he was Instrument rated, and one would assume that if he had gone into cloud inadvertently, it should have been a controllable situation, unless of course something else was distracting him/onset hypoxia/or a passenger situation. Sadly we may never know. Is the full report available in English anywhere?