PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police involvement in RAF Air Accidents
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2012, 11:26
TheSmiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chuggers and Ex Mudder - both very good summaries which I think accurately represent the current situation. I also remember the 'old days' and believed that the 'good men' were generally doing their best to learn lessons and prevent a recurrence - it never crossed my mind that anyone would act otherwise.

In many ways it would be nice to reset many facets of our 'modern and progressive' society and restore those sort of values. It ain't going to happen while corruption and deception is endemic in public institutions and commercial organisations. The buck stops right at the top - Palace of Westminster.

However, in answer to Keith L, no-one has really addressed what I think he's asking:

a. Who has primacy in law concerning military aviation accidents in the UK?
b. Does the law differ in Scotland?
c. Does it matter whether the accident is over the sea (topical), over common land, or confined to the MoD estate?
d. Has the investigatory primacy issue changed in the last 20 years, if so, when and why?

Sorry Keith if I'm misrepresenting your query, feel free to correct me. I don't pretend to know the accurate answers so I'm not going to BS you.

Also interested in the replies of those experts on here who will have the correct answers from the Post-Crash Management document! I failed to obtain a copy of same when I walked out the gates for the last time.

TS

Last edited by TheSmiter; 8th Jul 2012 at 11:34.