PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resume Gripes.
Thread: Resume Gripes.
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2012, 10:12
gileraguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I watched a GM going through resumes once and it was quite enlightening.

This chap, who had only ever worked for the one organisation in his life and had attained his position because of his lack of untrustworthiness (and time of service) was an education to say the least.

He actually looked for any negative as an excuse to cull a resume.

If the applicant spelt his name wrongly (and it was similar to a brand of beer) he immediately discarded the applicant.

He just looked for excuses to knock the applicant, NOT the reasons why the applicant would be the best fir for the position.

In the end, the people he hired were woefull and the "least offensive" people who applied.

Staff turnover was in the area of 30% annually, morale was crap and I recall calling him a "pod". (pods aren't people)
The nickname stuck and he became "the pod" after that.

There was even an applicant for the receptionist position who delivered her resume personally in a striking outfit and I swear she had oiled her legs.
She was recommended enthusiastically by ALL the male staff!
Guess what, she didn't get the job!

The business survived because it was in an industry that only competed with mum and dad organisations. They were a big fish in a small pond.

Anyhoo, for what its worth, DON'T have a pic on the resume, watch your facebook posts as if you're researching yourself, google yourself ('cause any employer will)

and if you suck d1ck long enough you'll get the career you deserve.

for futher reading, google "industrial psychopath"...