PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI REGIONAL-2
Thread: BMI REGIONAL-2
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2012, 10:10
Van G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would not have got re-involved if they couldn't see £££ at the end of it
I agree entirely. It's just a case of when will be the optimum time to come to that end and maximise the money they walk away with. Later rather than sooner I hope.

I understand they are busy getting things organised but didn't this process begin around October last year and still no clear plan of post October 27th this year. I would have more optimism and additional patience if I were not at a base facing imminent closure however the crews at Newcastle/Bristol/Heathrow (Chester?) haven't even been told where they will be based for the winter. I don't see this as commercially sensitive information either to be honest. The routes absolutely I understand keeping quiet although at some point tickets will need to be sold and routes advertised, but information about where we will be living in a few months time should be a little bit more forthcoming. Communication and the amount of information released has not been good enough. I don't think anyone can argue with that.

pilots aren't the most discrete
Agreed, they are not. Though we have nothing to be discrete about at the moment because we have been told nothing of any value. I don't think anything posted thus far has been very damaging to be fair, I think it's more a frustration of knowing nothing at all rather than revealing damaging company secrets. Some people have their heads in the sand, some are doomsday merchants, I'm somewhere in the middle but thats based on no real information of course just a gut instinct having been in a similar situation before. For me personally being a member of a certain association didn't help at all when my previous airline went under so for me personally its not an association I want to spend my money on.

white knights
I think the jury is still out on whether these guys are our white knights. I'm not knocking them at all. I'm saying we just don't know. And we should know a little more than we do now. The longer time goes on the more I start to think they don't know either.

I genuinely hope for the very best for the sake of all my fantastic colleagues. I don't believe asking for a little clue where I will be based come winter is too much to ask or going to cause the company to spiral out of control due to it being commercially sensitive information. Either they're not telling us or they don't know. I think they should.

Prepared for the incoming...

Last edited by Van G; 8th Jul 2012 at 17:49.