PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Aeronautical College
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2012, 06:21
Chinchilla.612

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mauro,

I don't work at QAC, but I know a few of the instructors and students from there and work very close to them.

Like many organisations there seems a lot of politics as you get higher up the management scale, but generally not too much to affect instructors.

In my opinion the salary and benefits seem very good and as Global01 was saying, most of the aeroplanes are very new (delivered last year) and well maintained.

There is a lot more flying in the cooler months and somewhat less over the summer, as the temperatures become limiting for the aircraft (and crew). The guys tend to start very early in the mornings when it is cooler, but this means a pretty early finish to the day too of course.......

As for what it's like to live in Qatar, well that very much depends on your lifestyle really. I find there is plenty here to keep me happy and occupied although the summer months are too hot for my liking. It is a fast changing place with new developments being announced all the time and I enjoy life here.

It's not for everyone though and I've had a few friends here who did not stay, so the best thing (if you are able to) would be to come and visit the place for a few days and get a feel for it.

Best of luck with it