PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I turned down Cathay Pacific (SO Transition)
Old 8th Jul 2012, 06:13
K.O.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well to be honest, I didn't have the money to go to ER. I did however get several scholarships which saw me through a portion of my time there. The rest was paid for by friends and friends of friends. So neither I nor my family had the money to put me through ER.

No i haven't thought it through. Just sounded like a great idea at the time. I wanted to do something different than live in an apartment and have to pay rent and utilities etc etc boring same stuff. Time for something new, a new experience. My first idea was to (now hear me out before you say "what" like Lil Jon) live in a tye dye microbus. The boat idea was merely an extension of the same train of thought. I thought of that in the states when i was at ER. I could BARELY afford rent there and didn't know how to drive so that plan was out. BUT! If i were to do it all over again, I would learn how to drive and then live in a tye dye microbus...its not THAT off the wall kinda of an idea. Imagine how much you could save! The hippie in me loved this idea. If CX won't give SO Cadets a housing package, who says I have to live in a house?! Again, it just sounded like a good idea and i'm not sure its wise.

Come on. One of you out there has to have thought about doing something like this!