PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Anyone?
Thread: Monarch Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2012, 06:01
OutsideCAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No one from CTC flying for easy is paying to fly
Really ? I beg to differ. It's this very reason that the rot has set in. I admit that the current marketplace does seem to demand that for anyone now wishing to move onwards and upwards at any meaningful rate, this is one of a handful of options open to new cadets, but I cannot agree with the principle of it. It's part of the very reason that companies like EZY and RYR have succeeded with their respective low cost models. These new pilots are effectively subsidising the passengers' ticket costs. It's akin to booking a taxi from the pub to your home, paying the fare cost, and then driving yourself home - you wouldn't accept it, you wouldn't do it. It's just cashing in on a desire to fly. It ruins the marketplace for all pilots ultimately, and anyone who has attempted to build their career by following tried and tested routes, working their way up as air taxi, instructor, turboprop etc. will be cuurently at a disadvantage as the skills and experience they have built up is seemingly worth bugger all to most operators these days.

In summary, I wholeheartedly stand behind any flexi-crew moving to Monarch and would support it as by moving to such an operator, they are at least in some way undoing a little of the damage of SSTR by abandoning such poor employers that cash in on newbies, and if enough migrate, CTC/EZY, RYR et all will have to adapt, or else lose the ability to successfully crew their respective aircraft. And this will lose revenue in the end, maybe not today, but it will tomorrow. Monarch are one of the very few employers, in my opinion, that seem to have grasped the fact that by using proper Terms/Conditions, the employee is valued, and trust me, if you have happy employees, subject to unforseen issues, invariably you will have a company with a good reputation in their chosen marketplace, and they should suceed and have sustainability. Bravo Monarch, finally an employer with balls.