PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to start recruiting
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2012, 04:51
Keith Myath

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
The Animal Farm reference highlights that you are treated differently if you come from QF. I didn’t think I’d have to spell it out for you. If you are a GA or Regional pilot joining Jetstar you will be forced onto flexiline. If you come from Qantas you wont. There are about 30 QF LWOP pilots on the bottom of the JQ list and they are all full time. IF they were flexiline like all other new joiners then about 20 senior JQ flexiline guys would be full time.

The contradiction from some of you guys is astounding. Your all crapping on how the JQ contract is a B scale and the flexiline is a C scale. Then to preserve your own T’s and C’s you tell anyone who will listen that they shouldn’t accept it. No, you turboprop pilots should hold out for a better deal, don’t undercut us, if you hold out it will get better etc etc. All the while there is an avalanche of Qantas guys signing or attempting to sign up to those ****ty JQ B scale conditions. Keep telling the proletariat to reject advancement while you take those jobs. You’ll make a great leader.

Keith

I think you are wrong.
The part time policy in the EBA simply states a defn of a part time pilot (employed ongoing but for less rostered duty time than a full time pilot).
No mention of pro-rata pay therefore if not negotiated it would have to be the base pay.
only pro- rata is for leave and redundancy
I would take that I will work 30, 50 60 hrs and get the base salary that is based on 75hrs.

Read the flexi line agreement and ask yourself 2 questions.

1. If the agreement doesn’t have a cap on flexiline does it comply with the EBA?

2. Would the flexi-line agreement be enforceable if it complied with the EBA and the parties didn’t agree to it?

You are kidding if you think without negotiation the base pay wouldn’t have changed.