PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bush Pilot
Thread: Bush Pilot
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2012, 01:37
2 Whites 2 Reds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it's series linked for when I get home but I liked the first few episodes, depsite the nauseating dramatisation. It made me step back and have a peek at the 'Big Picture' with my own career. Currently flying a nice comfy 757 and whatever the moans and groans in the crew room, life isn't really so bad when I see people living in a tent under a tree in Botswana, 100k in the hole and scrapping for a job on a Cessna in Africa

Hats off to those travelling down there in search of work. It looks fantastic fun. Sadly my mortgage company wouldn't think too highy of the pay cut but I do envy the work you do.

Is it me or did I see someone taxi out with a pitot cover on in episode 1.....did I imagine that? I'm sure that shot was just for the TV rather than a shot of someone actually about to go flying......I HOPE!!!

We all like to have a grumble and I believe the collective for a group of pilots is 'a whinge'. Long story short, it takes the odd slap round the chops to realise that, in reality, I'm very happy with what I've got after all!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend folks.