PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC McAlpine/easyJet/JMC Sponsorship Selection
Old 31st Dec 2002, 16:32
carb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good report big bus driver, and best wishes for your future efforts. You're correct that I wasn't at stage 3... wish I had been now just for the 'outing' - by Decision Maker perhaps? ... I was given a mention at stage 2 aswell, didn't quite catch it though. Shows they don't study the application form data very hard or read pprune closely or it'd be easy to match names to aliases... I also have mine engraved on my Nokia and on a t-shirt!

As for the issue of knowing a bit about flying, we shouldn't be critical of Chris's question, it's entirely possible to have gained some flying experience, up to say half way through a PPL, and not yet have encountered NDBs, which is why of course the aptitude tests assumes no prior knowledge. What I was suggesting was simply that if you do happen to have that knowledge and practical experience, that test is easier once you relate it in your mind to a real-life (or Flight Sim!) situation rather than the abstract puzzle it may first appear to be.