PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 report out
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2012, 16:58
dlcmdrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
those tech posts are full of engineers embarring the discussion and blaming entirely the crew from the begining. The bias is total and reading those posts is an exercise of pilot sadomasochism.

Cafeclub, for that, Airbus would have to change its philosophy and stop selling the pilot as the only liability in the cockpit, try to work with them, not around them, and not think constantly about cutting costs. One of my dad friends asked one of the airbus engineers why they didnt make the thrust levers move and his answer was along the lines of " for my balls it doesnt move " so you can see the kind of attitude and respect they have for pilots.

You probably dont know, but there was an accident of an airbus 320 in bilbao years ago, the protections in the plane decided against the pilots and crashed the airplane. They blamed the crew exactly the same way they did here airbus and his acolits in the tech thread. In the end the judge gave the reason to the pilots/Iberia and airbus had to tweak the aoa protection system across all their fleets and models.

In quito a 340 ran off the rwy after spoilers, reversers and brakes didnt work i know what the captain says off the record, and that was a manipulation for him to take the entire blame after airbus saying a 1000 fpm touchdown created a 3.1 g structural damage hit.

Bull**** all over the place but truth is they are simply cheap with a philosophy that wants to pull the pilot out of the equation.

In any case what is sad is not that exists people like that, but there are pilots ( supposedly ) in these forums that are so happy with them and applaud them with the lame excuse of safety and passenger interests.

If you go to the tech forum in the last thread you can see the ambient, when the report was released with the feeling it putsthe blame on the crew, they start talking about drones and a future without pilots.

It will be funny if someday engineers decide to take their jobs away, see how they feel because someone thinks a machine can do their jobs better

Last edited by dlcmdrx; 7th Jul 2012 at 17:00.