PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Preparing for my interview - feedback please
Old 7th Jul 2012, 11:29
FlyingWaitor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Preparing for my interview - feedback please

Hi everyone!
I am a long time reader of this forum but only signed up today (so please don't be scared if it sounds like I know some of you a lot more than you know me! )
Soon, I will be applying to all the Australian airlines, although I would ideally like to get a job with Qantas or Virgin Blue - I know this job is a desired one, and in order to get this job I know I will have to ace the interview.

I've been preparing some of my answers, I would really appreciate if any F/As (or ex F/As) would take the time to review and give me feedback on some of the answers. I understand the questions vary from airline to airline but I've just answered some of the more common questions.

Ok, here we go

Tell us about yourself-
I'm Jake - a 19 year old fresh out of high school with a passion for travel & meeting new people. I am fit, have a cool temper and enjoy making people happy.
I am currently unemployed, however during my free time I volunteer as a customer service rep. for an online game - this role includes answering any questions users may have, solving technical issues and maintaining the general day to day operations of the website.

What do you think <airline> is looking for in their cabin crew?
Being the face of the company, <airline> would be looking for several different qualities in their flight attendants- having a flexible work schedule, delivering excellent customer service and being able to stay calm when put under pressure.

Why do you want to work for <airline>
Going the extra mile to ensure all passengers are safe & comfortable, all the while meeting new people and travelling the world is my dream career.

What would you like to do in five years' time ?
I will be working my way up to becoming a lead flight attendant - still as enthusiastic as I was on the first day of training.

What are your strengths
I am in great health, have a very cool temper (even when put under immense pressure) and work great with other people in a team.

What are your weaknesses?

I don't consider myself to be a 'weak' person, but like everyone there are certain areas where I can improve - sometimes I might set my standards too high or try and do too much, but for the most part I consider myself to be a strong minded individual.

What gets you annoyed?
On the very rare occasion where I cannot deliver the best customer service to customers I feel annoyed with myself - even when the circumstances are beyond my control. _____
As I mentioned before, any feedback would be great - just make sure it's constructive please!

Wish me luck!