PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots Lose Out on Commands
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2012, 09:47
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looker,

Whilst I agree with your sentiments (my comment on management was at a senior level who dictated policy for the entire group) I find it interesting that many on this board for pilots seem to think that BA Pilots have the power within IAG to influence Board level decisions.

Let's make no mistake here, employees such as the pilot body had and will have no influence on the purchase of BMI, the use of BMI subsiduarys and the employment of BMI employees. Once the board level decisions have been made we might fool ourselves into thinking that we have influence over the integration but, to be honest, IAG will just do what they want to achieve their aims with the least resistance. If that aim ties in with the pilot community then all the better.

I feel really sorry for the guys and girls at Baby, as I've said before a friend of mine is loosing his job as well. The sad fact of life is that these decisions will never be influenced by Pilots or BALPA. I agree that a pool of talent is being wasted but that doesn't bother the Board as they are also refusing to extend the 18 months swimming limit for DEP's in the hold pool. Sometimes the arrogance and sheer offhandedness of some of the management is astounding!

Baby will have been cast off purely and simply for the fact that the routes don't fit into the London 'Hub' structure and the aircraft are, potentially, going to be a type BA no longer flies. Airbus=Shorthaul.

Good luck