PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2012, 08:57
barrymah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my 6c worth.

I came back yesterday via BRU - 90%+ full I'd say. Good handling in BRU, except for a delay because of rabbits on the runway!!

Got to ORK at about 15.20. LONG walk to passport check, I don't mind stretching my legs but I came across several families with kids.... not so obvious for them....

Out to the car park, over the hills and far away - no direct pathway - got to the payplace in goes the card and the cc - €98!! from June 25 to July 6...... typical holiday duration..... Then get to the barrier, card unreadable...... press the button, long wait... how much did you pay? another wait and then the barrier opens, no communication..... Ripoff pricing for a 'bit of a field' the CAA surfaced....

Down to collect Madame with the luggage (how the f do you get a trolley to the long term carpark??) In the outer dropoff - full of cars in the drivethrough because 50% is railed off for minibus pickups from outlying carparks, competitors??

My point? A brand new airport building not fit for purpose..... no wonder people take the bus to Dublin, it may not be better but your at the door.....

I live in West Cork, ORK is the only airport convenient (getting to EINN is a nightmare, I have to do that regularly.) The options from ORK are ok, but make it more attractive, pricewise and otherwise.

Last edited by barrymah; 7th Jul 2012 at 08:58.