PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAOPA sets out its stall on PPL licensing to the US and Europe
Old 7th Jul 2012, 07:42
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MadJock

Other than with the N reg issue I am sure we would get on extremely well. Your attitude on this is sad and misplaced.
You take the attitude of a football team supporter of them and us rather than US or what is in all our best interests in aviation so that we have a thriving industry.
You and many others have for a long time had a misplaced snobbish attitude to JAA licences (they have to be harder and far more expensive so that makes us the Elite of worldwide pilots far superior to anything out there.Every other licence authority churns out sub standard pilots.)
Sadly the reverse has been shown to be the case and no statistical evidence can back up to european training and burcratic interference equalling better standards.
So my friend stop being a football hooligan and realise where the real threat to your livelyhood comes from! It is not the FAA but your beloved EASA.
Your point re european pilots should fly European licences? Any sensible person would have taken the opporunity that EASA had and made things so attractive that no one would want an FAA reg aircraft here in Europe.
Yes you may win out in the end and have a regulation and burocratic riddled industry with no more than people carriers gracing our skies and you will state with glee that you won but sorry mate we all will have Lost.

Mad Jock this is what you are fighting for to create

The airline industry - in serious financial trouble - Public Service Europe

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 7th Jul 2012 at 09:19.