PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Jul 2012, 06:01
SAS-A321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,
just an info please: I received the good news talent pool email few a weeks ago, (I'm A330 Type rated FO) but a bit worried because I'm not flying since January and the TR is expiring on November... do you think I should renew it at the SIM before joining QR ? I know they do provide a couple of FFS before line training regardless of you're type rated or not: do you think that it should be better to keep it current until joined or not? Thank you very much in advance , Cheers !
If this was my situation I would revalidate my typerating before joining QR. It will give you a brush up of the aircraft without having QR instructors eyes on you and when you finally get to do the training with QR you will have capacity to focus on QR procedures, instead of having to get comfortable with the plane again.
It might cost a bit of money, but it is for your own benefit and not QRs, and they might appreciate your effort in keeping current.
Just keep in mind that they might give you another aircraft when you finally join.

Congrats on being in the pool and good luck.

Last edited by SAS-A321; 7th Jul 2012 at 06:03.