PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 7th Jul 2012, 03:12
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Particularly the bit about how the impact of the carbon tax would increase the cost of the refrigerants by $75 per kilo, but suppliers have increased the price by $285 per kilo.
Well DF maybe Girrard's bean counters have made a mistake, God forbid! This part of the article is perhaps more telling:

On its website it says there are other costs, such as financing, insurance and compliance, which all contribute to the rise, which estimates will cost the industry $270 million.
Or hopefully you are right and the ACCC (carbon cops) ably supported by the AFP will smash this carbon crime syndicate!

With all due respect DF can you take your lovely (oversized) graphs and widgets across to jetblast as I now can't fit the thread page on my (energy efficient) electronic notepad!

Personally in my household we've got everything pared back to the max to try and survive the rising cost of living (and that was before the carbon tax). I'm more interested in the present and whether the GA industry can survive further imposts from a totally disenfranchised, illegitimate Labor government!