PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - The 5 star JOKE!!!
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2012, 00:04
homesick rae
Aluminum Tubing Inspector
Aluminum Tubing Inspector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Song Remains The Same

It has been 10 years since I left QR - I was there when we had the B747s and witnessed the takeover and growth of the company. I have some great memories and some **** ones - mainly great though.

Dark Magic - mass hyperbole springs to mind here. There are, and always have been, issues. I was a CSD and the Cabin Crew were not allowed liquor permits and yes there were some stringent rules (latterly) regarding curfews and all that nonsense.

However, I was, at one point, the only male crew member in (one of) the female accommodation blocks. AAB was aware and turned a blind eye, not just because I was going to marry the girl (I did!) I was living with but also because I was a male presence among females and, in a sense, perhaps a wee bit of security.

I finally rented my own place where my missus could stay without scrutiny but everyone knew....

When I left more and more rules were being implemented and it was mainly unnecessary but I ended up with a beautiful wife and two amazing children so I cannot complain....even if AAB was starting to become even more tyrannical and paranoid...

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for sure but I would not be as harsh and OTT as your good self - keep calm and carry on mate!

Cheers

HR