PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barry Hempel Inquest
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2012, 22:28
baronvonaqua

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blow the whistle on their "mate"

I wonder how many people are willing to take a stand and report unsafe practices. The reality for many whistleblowers is that they will be ostracised by many of their peers and eventually be forced to depart from their employment by their employer on some trumped up charge. The Government organisations charged with investigating and "Fixing" the problem appear to me unwilling or incapable of doing so. Shoot the messenger is alive and well in the Australian Aviation Industry. I wonder also if there are any reporters in Australia who are capable of investigative journalism should someone wish to "go public" with information regarding Aviation related safety matters. Typical reporting of an incident where an aircraft was not secured and rolled a few metres goes something like this: "Runaway aircraft terrorises Melbourne Airport" or emotive headlines to that effect. This i believe is great for selling newspapers but no good comes of it for the industry. Does anyone have any thoughts on "whistleblowing" or appropriate media outlets??? Thanks BVA