PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army cuts - AAC going?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2012, 16:52
xenolith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dummy

No chip. Just think that on the whole, crabs are a bunch of self serving cnuts.
Uncalled for and just plain rude. Based on what you say should I assume that the AAC are a bunch of uncouth louts?

The Lynx (more specifically the crews) has and is being used as a tac platform, C&C and as fire support as opposed to a 'troop carrier'
I’m afraid that my only experience of that is ‘Lynx 5 ‘ in NI; from that perspective your statement is totally without foundation.

The argument would be similar to that raging re the Merlin going to CHF. 'It'll cost more to give it to the navy!!! etc etc'. Would it?
There is bound to be extra cost involved but I have long believed that it is worth it, in the long term, to keep the FAA viable, as they do actually deliver a quantifiable benefit and do it well.

At a guess, the AAC is cheaper to run than one Puma det to Morocco and it is still seen as value for money.
Nonsense! Stop guessing it makes you appear to be crass.

We currently make up about 1.9% of Army strength. Post 2020 we'll be about 2.4% of the strength so in real terms, we're still growing
Perhaps if you considered quality rather than quantity, you may achieve a tad more clarity in your overall view.

Biggus

The RAF are not the only part of the British military that recruit officer only pilots. Apart from that issue your point has merit.

Last edited by xenolith; 6th Jul 2012 at 16:55.