PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAOPA sets out its stall on PPL licensing to the US and Europe
Old 6th Jul 2012, 12:47
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
peterh337

Yes, you are right, I receive similar messages (particularly in the past in relation to the IMCr); there is no doubt some of our discussions do raise awareness. Having said that I think it does tend to be on the more subtle elements of legislation that are often intended to have far wider implications that at first blush might appear the case (lets see if we can slip this one through). The more obvious stuff is usually quite well picked up by AOPA and the other representative organisations.

Unfortunately Mad Jock is right for whatever reason pilots seem to be the most disconnected fraternity when it comes to mounting any sort of front as you and I well now with regards the IMCr. I have never understood entirely why, may be it is something to do with the mentality of too many pilots. Whatever the reason the community is a very easy target for the technocrats and in Europe despite some of the huffing and puffing quickly roll over. It is as you know a very different story in the States.

Sorry to be despondent.