PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GSS morale misery
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2012, 12:17
zeddb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bus driver,

I harbour no ill will against the command secondees. They are to a man thouroughly decent and nice to fly with. They are that way because our much maligned DFO screens them to ensure that arrogant arses don't get past the interview stage.

As for the system itself, well if you are looking in from BA mainline with your seniority intact and the best conditions in the uk then it must seem great. If I were a BA SFO I would grab it with both hands. From the perspective of GSS, well maybe not so great when you are rapidly running out of years for your one and only shot which external conditions such as multiple redundancies have denied you. But hey, life's a bitch.

The argument that GSS would not exist without BA is a valid one but as flight mech mentioned, DHL also carry BA cargo and BA secondees are noticeable by their absence over there.

If you apply to be a Secondee then the very best of luck. I would had life and luck been kinder. You'll need to abandon the bus though and spend some time over on the coal burning fleet first. Just have a thought for those who have never had the opportunities afforded those lucky enough to be in BA and who would like a couple of years in the sunlight before retirement.

Last edited by zeddb; 6th Jul 2012 at 12:26.