PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAOPA sets out its stall on PPL licensing to the US and Europe
Old 6th Jul 2012, 12:04
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mad Jock

That strikes a cord.

The older and more stupid I get the more I find myself finding we have these discussions here (and they are interesting) but do our discussions make any difference? Does anyone of note read them, and if they did do they have any influence what so ever on the process? I suspect they don't, so as interesting as it maybe, its all rather academic.

I think in so many walks of life people feel they are disconnected from the political process and to make matters worse I am not even sure this is a political process.

I hate to say it because I am a passionate believer in discussing and "fighting" to preserve our rights but I suspect all the debate on here will come to nowt. I campaigned fervently with regards the IMCr including using the good services of this forum and I think it kicked up enough discussion to be worthwhile but it takes a great of effort and has to go well beyond the type of discussions we usually have here.

So Proudprivate as interesting as it is I would caution you not to spend to many hours over the keyboard or expect much to come of the views you and others have expressed however sensible some of them may seem. If you want to achieve anything your time would be better spent in other ways (but expect to devote a great deal of it), but if you just enjoy the debate then all well and food. Whatever you do don't get wound up over it because most of it is for fun's sake, albeit some on here may get there fun from debating in different ways. So whatever you do don't take it too much too heart and don't expect it to achieve very much if anything in the real Euro world

Sad to say but there it is.