PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resume Gripes.
Thread: Resume Gripes.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2012, 11:42
Mach E Avelli

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts
Total round file material:
The big posed pic with four gold bars on a 250 hour shoulder or even a 2500 hour shoulder. C'mon guys, until you are left seat in something over 20,O00 kg who are you kidding?
Next main gripe is disguising real hours and in what position on each type. If you have a B 737 endorsement bought in some simulator but no hours don't piss down my leg with claims of being a qualified B 737 pilot. Until you have driven the thing on someone's payroll you are NOT a B 737 pilot regardless of what is stamped in your license. Sorry, that's the way it is.
And not interested in your time at Maccas as burgermeister. While you need to pitch your cv at the target, don't pad it out with trivial experience. If you are chasing a job on a station and can ride a horse that could be relevant. If you are looking at an operator who does scenic tours and you worked as a tour guide on a boat or somesuch, ditto.Otherwise if you have nothing better to offer, tell me about the time you spent sweeping out the hangar at Bloggs Air Charter and I may just be interested in your dedication to the business.

Last edited by Mach E Avelli; 6th Jul 2012 at 14:01.