PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GSS morale misery
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2012, 11:14
Flightmech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, an honest and up-to-date opinion from zeddb, a current employee, regarding the state of play at GSS right now. As he says, the situation is made clear on interview. If you don't like it, don't join. The OP obviously has a beef and it's not "economy travel on duty" unless your unlucky enough to end up on a flight in no club/first space. Unfortunately with the current state of the industry someone will always take the job at the current T&C's which is the point i was trying to make earlier.

Playing devil's advocate, you could argue that a bunch of pilots opting to fly 'BA work' on lower Ts&Cs is a disgrace.
Not really, if BA decide not to operate their own dedicated freighters and out-source to someone else then it's free for the taking surely. Do you have the same opinion of DHL who fly alot of BAWC's intra-european freight??

I've never really understood why BA didn't lease the aircraft directly from Atlas and operate themselves, especially when they have the crew and maintenance infrastructure already in place for the type (well in the case of the original -400's anyway) Again, i guess it's ££££

Last edited by Flightmech; 6th Jul 2012 at 11:48.