PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I turned down Cathay Pacific (SO Transition)
Old 6th Jul 2012, 07:07
K.O.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@TruthSeeker6,

I’m afraid I dislike anything to do with the military. I was on the road to being a fighter pilot for the Indian Airforce flying Su32’s etc, but I decided to go a different path.

I totally feel you on the whole “normal college experience”. Yes I am VERY aware of the male:female ratio at ER. I suffered that for 6 years. Lol. I must admit I recently got over my riddle vision. Haha. ER is aviation 24x7. You hear it in the hallways, in dorm, during conversations at lunch…its everywhere all the time.

I guess the real telling will be when the HR guys and gals read my resume. It seems like its in their hands entirely. I DO think I got excellent flight training, however, I’m yet again unsure of how I could compare to you during a one-on-one fly-off.

Do you know what an iCadet is? I am unfamiliar with some of the acronyms and jargon used here.

Cheers

@GTC58

I’m rather confused about my future. I feel like im on a game show where once I open Door Number X, I’ll be stuck with what I get. Seems like a big gamble. The question I ask myself is, will I miss out on something much much better during those 6-7 years here in India? Will I be able to make Capt on a 777 here within that time frame rather than making 1000 SIC on a widebody flying for CX? Will I SAVE more living and working in India or HK? These are questions I cannot answer now; there are to many unknown unknowns. I’m sure I can adjust to pretty much any life style haha. I’m just trying not to set myself up for another 6 years of cup noodles and counting pennies to buy milk. Had enough of that in the States. I was seriously considering living in a fairly cheap one-person sailboat at the harbor. No real rent to pay, and if I have to pay at the docks I could just sail to a cheaper one. Food is cheap and so is transport. I would be ok about leaving my home country to live and work somewhere else, however, with the current state of the pilot package I don’t think I’ll have housing security for too long. I don’t want to have to AFFORD the pilot package im given.

Cheers