PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2012, 06:42
Wagging Finger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh woe is me! Other departments are getting treated better than us, thats like the speeding motorist who cries foul when it's them that gets stopped not " all the others who are speeding".

The Police service are cutting money where they can, Air Support is a nice to have, that's why some forces don't have it at the moment. They will be the winners in all of this. they will see an aircraft from time to time.

I've not come across a ring fenced department yet, everyone here is bearing the brunt as well as air support. My local force are a particularly efficient and lean organisation, having made efficiency savings prior to the comprehensive spending review. They had the same 20% cuts to make as the two bloated and wasteful neighbouring forces. Did they moan, or did they get on with it?

I refer you to my previous comment, we could be at the eight base model. Don't be foolish enough to think that this is the last of the cuts and efficiency savings there is more pain to come.

Yes, air support will be a shadow of its former self, pretty much like the value of my house and my pension provisions. There's not a lot we can do about any of them.