PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 5th Jul 2012, 22:58
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah take a look at those maps of the world with red blotches all over them. Bolivia is red as bro!

Of course we know it's freezing as, why the difference......they take averages from really strange places, and it is something akin to a temp record for say the top of our snowys instead of being Jindabyne we use Amberley.

I am not joking, 1000 k away and at sea level.

Still today, I say it yesterday.

Prof Bob Carter. Suggest you spend a few hundred bucks and go to Townsville, buy him lunch, enjoy the sunshine and be willing to have an open discussion. He is not personally hell bent on an agenda, in fact he dragged himself into the debate about ten years back when some public comment was around by so called experts, that was completely wrong. It was his exact area of speciality too. He then discovered before he could make a public statement he needed to brush up on something like 40+ areas of science before he opened his mouth. Took him almost a year.

Research funding at the uni stopped shortly after, you know why, not because he was wrong, he was the victim of a political agenda. So today he works away retired but still doing research, on drilling ships taking geo samples and so on, and he is probably 74 now.

Great guy, no axe to grind, just has a good understanding of as many facets of science as anyone can on climate.

So when the theory is man made co2 is such a significant driver, and co2 continues to climb at a steep rate, how is it even possible to have cooling?

Go talk to Bob. give him my regards