PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2012, 17:55
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair

Palma Ryanair was the last airline I believe to operate this route in winter. I always found it difficult to believe that not one airline could make it work in winter at two weekly. Monarch have not relaesed this for route for winter 2012/3.

Barcelona - never operated to this destination although Girona has run most winters at 2-4 a week. Monarch have not released this for winter

Krakow - only finished about 15 months ago and it was operated from EMA. Always had excellent loads winter and summer and fares were not bargain basement.

Milan BGY - I suppose some ski pax but might see ZB off going by the loads so far.

chinapattern - As ever with FR, when you shake hands with them always remember to count the number of fingers left. All these could be just one for one route or frequency replacements. Barcelona for Girona, Kaunas, Faro, Malta and Gdansk were not bookable yesterday, Bratislava, Tenerife and Malaga reduced to twice weekly with FUE and LPA weekly. There were other reductions as well such as ALC and I think BZG

Budapest is extra and RZE increased to three weekly.

Hopefully a clearer picture will be known soon and the press release states 18 routes which I think could mean just one other route loss.

ALC LPA LDY RZE BGY
AGP ACE DUB BZG
PMI FUE BTS KTW
BCN TFS BUD KRK

Malta, Faro Gdansk or Kaunas? If I have counted correctly.

Malta - they might as well pack up and go home if that can't work year-round.

Pete