PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2012, 17:22
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With Emirates flooding the market even more, yields will further decline for Qantas, it needs some real leadership to turn it around, which unfortunately it is lacking at the moment.
Oh how true, it is rapidly getting to the point the current bozos running the show must be removed.... Clifford & AJ have taken far too long with their now outdated strategy, things have snowballed so much with the recent announcements from the competition that Qantas will be on its knees by the end of year.

Qantas is caught in a pincer movement between large capacity increases on international routes by state-sponsored airlines seeking to benefit from a strong economy and Australians' desire to travel with a high dollar, and a price war with Virgin Australia in its lucrative domestic market.
A week after Singapore Airlines singled out Australia as one of two markets worldwide it is targeting for growth, Emirates announced a 50 per cent increase in its flights to Perth by early next year and Adelaide as the fifth Australian city it would fly to by November.
Over the past few weeks of doing business here in Thailand I can report that some of my TG contacts I have come across have been extremely grateful for AJs decision to remove BKK-LHR from its route structure. TGs forward bookings ex Australia to Heathrow have simply skyrocketed... Last night one of my Thai contacts joked, "has Emirates become Australia's new De Facto national carrier?" chuckle, I just shook my head in shame .....

A contact– make that dead man walking–in Qantas sounded shattered but in good humor this morning. He referred to being under siege from the Virgins and the ‘Emirartichokers’ in response to reports that Virgin Australia was carrying more passengers on domestic routes than Qantas, and that Emirates had run amok with a trebling of daily services out of Perth from next March, while it would start flights between its global hub at Dubai and Adelaide from November 1 (and daily from next February.)Emirates, Australia, and its global aviation food chain | Plane Talking
It's not a good look....