PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strange problem using laptop in a 152 cockpit -interference?
Old 5th Jul 2012, 15:12
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
Genghis - i dont know how you can make that remark as to what i said regarding my comment on distractions, i could be a chief aviation health&safety risk assessment manager for all anyone on here knows! however, i am not but, in my line of work i have to undergo continuous training and testing for these sort of things so i think i can quite rightly say that i prob know quite a bit more on the subject than most!
Actually it wasn't a statement so much about yourself, but about the other people on this forum. I know reasonably well a lot of people's backgrounds having been active on Pprune for more years than is good for me, and know that there are very few people *better* qualified than some of the people who have posted on this thread.

Regarding Li-ion batteries. See below. Laptop batteries are very scary things, and a laptop running powered without proper ventilation, can be a major safety hazard. So far as I know all of the NASA and NCAR research aeroplanes, which use laptops on board extensively, prohibit laptop batteries on board, for just this reason.

G

Extinguishing In-Flight Laptop Computer Fires - Lithium Battery Thermal Runway - YouTube