PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - security, restore the balance of power
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2012, 14:58
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gusting 45

While not wishing to get into personal abuse about individuals I am afraid that the way airport workers are treated by security staff as a whole (some are good but they are few and far between) is indicated well by the attitude of Countdown Conundrum.

If this attitude came from one individual I would side with you but Unfortunatly there are well documented accounts of hundeds of inccidents involving shall we just call it over zealous behavior bu UK security staff.

To my mind the best way to solve the problem is independent oversight of the security system ( just as I said in my submission to the UK government consultation ) the security staff who are doing a good job would have nothing to fear from this however those who see their workday as an opportunity to take revenge on those of us who have climbed a little further up the career ladder would find life a little more difficult.

I would like to see the security staff at UK airports seen with respect by other airport workers, perhaps a little independent oversight might improve the general standard of behavior to a position were the security system deserves that respect.

Last edited by A and C; 5th Jul 2012 at 15:04.