PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK DECs now on seniority list
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2012, 14:14
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand your point GTFD, but that is not what is being discussed here, the argument is that an individual that flew lets say 8,000 hours from which lets say 3,000 are PIC on your average US regional airline, then went to EK and for the past 5 years has been flying the heavier equipment, has been watching other captains operate, has witnessed the operation and the different dynamics that you spoke about, that is at least 3,500 to 4,000 hours on property and somehow because of his experience before he came to EK is the reason they can't pass the upgrade assessment???
There is this certain stigma about the whole US regional industry and i am speaking about the industry in the US because for some reason the guys flying regional jets in other countries (the EU for example) feel that they are above the fray, a year or so ago I came across this fellow on an overnight, the conversation went from the pilot shortage to the colgan accident to the 1,500 requirement, then he went on the typical RJ'S rampage, after a couple more cold ones and other topics, it turn into where he was working, well, he is a regional pilot for one of the EU carriers that for the purpose of this example shall remain nameless, at that point when I mentioned that he was flying a regional jet himself, his response was that it is not the same because he is working under the EU standards nice!

Last edited by The Dominican; 5th Jul 2012 at 14:20.